Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Week-9: 9/1-9/7

-Monday (9/1): I did my first run of the week, a 7 mile Tempo run with the middle 5 miles averaging 8:30 pace. I will try to adhere to the FIRST training program which prescribes only 3 quality runs a week and cross training workouts on the other days.

-Tuesday (9/2): An easy 10 mile bike ride on Campion Trail.

-Wednesday (9/3): I had a nice track workout at Ranchview High School. After a easy 1 mile warm up, I did a 4x800m around 3:30 per interval and finished off with a 2 mile cool down. The weather was cool and perfect except for the strong headwind, up to 30mph.

-Thursday (9/4):
An easy 10 mile bike ride on Campion Trail.

-Saturday (9/6):
I ran on Campion trail to save some time for packing my stuff for my apartment move. I met a friend in the trail and we ran together for the first 10 miles. Miles went by fast as we were chatting and I have averaged ~9:30 for the first 10 miles. I picked up the pace for the last 2.5 miles and I have averaged 9:15 on the whole, which is exactly my target for this long run. It did not feel that hard and I finished by 8:30am before sun intensified.

No comments: