Monday, September 29, 2008

Week-13: 9/29-10/5

-Monday (9/29): 5 mile tempo run. I did a pretty hard tempo run on Renner Trail averaging 7:50 per mile for 5 miles. My HR stats are here.

-Wednesday (10/1):
6 mile track workout. I met few other Team Asha runners and did a nice track workout at Park Hill Junior High School. I did 2x1200 intervals followed by 3x800 with ~2:00 walking breaks. I did pretty hard intervals as I averaged 5:04 for 1200m and 3:24 for 800m. I did 2 miles of cool down for a total of 6 miles. The details of the run are here.

-Saturday (10/04): Today's plan was to race at DRC's The Loop 15K and do 6-7 miles before the race for a total of 16 miles. Sravanthi is doing 5K and she had to come with me and wait in the car till the race started at 8am. I started off running with the group around 6:45am and we did 7 miles of easy running in about 1:05. The weather was great and temperature was in mid 60s. The race was about to begin when we finished our pre-race miles and I did met the rest of Team Asha runners. Race started around 8:05 and sun was out and temperature was about 70F. I started out fast and soon realized that I did 8:05 for the first mile. I was happy with the pace and tried to maintain it as much as I could. The first 6 miles were good and I was around 8:00 pace. But, I think my HR was creeping up slowly every mile and I felt that I might not be able to sustain this pace for the whole race. I took a 30 sec walk break after mile 6, and that did indeed help a lot. I started to feel better and miles 7-9 went by fast and I was able to sprint to finish in 1:14:44. All of Team Asha runners did good and Sravanthi finished her 5K in ~49mins. My run details are here and the race results are here.

-Sunday (10/05):
I wanted to maintain my tradition of a good bike ride on Sunday and went out to Whiterock Creek Trail. I started on the creek trail and after 7 miles merged with Whiterock lake trail to loop the lake and came back on the creek trail to finish a 24 mile bike ride. I did the first half of the ride about 16mph and the second half in~17mph. I had a great feeling after this bike ride as I have ridden the bike little faster than normally, which probably explains the fact that I was a little sore in my legs after the ride. Details of the ride are here.

No comments: