Saturday, August 30, 2008

Week-8 (8/25-8/31)

-Tuesday (8/26): I could not run on Monday evening with our group and ran on Tuesday morning. I was planning to do a 5 mile tempo run with middle 3miles @ 8:00 pace. I started off running faster than I wanted and my first tempo mile was @ 7:24 and second one went in 7:40 and I was so tired I had to take a walk break and by the time I finished 5 miles, I was totally spent. I had a pretty bad day at work feeling tired all day.

-Thursday (8/28): My second quality run of the week was Track workout. I am trying to follow the FIRST training program and today was supposed to be 3x1600m interval training. As I was short of time I did only 2 intervals but could average 7:10 for each mile. It felt much better than Tuesday's tempo run.

-Saturday (8/30): I overslept today and so could not run with DRC. Instead I went our on Campion Trail around 10am (bad idea!). I was planning to do 13 miles @ 9:00 pace. I started of great for the first 5 miles, averaging 9:00 pace. After about an hour,I started to feel the heat (~90F) and had to slow down to 10:00 pace. It was really hot and I was glad to have taken couple of salt caps. I decided to cut short the run to 10 miles (boy, that was a smart choice) and finished with an average of 10:00 pace including the 5 min fuel break in the middle. It felt like heaven when I took a cold shower after reaching home. It was a real tough workout after a really long time.

-Sunday (8/31): I finished of the week with a easy 21 mile bike ride today. It is a great cross training and my muscles feel great. I could only bike once this week and hoping to make it at least 2 bike rides a week.

No comments: