Monday, September 15, 2008

Week-11: 9/15-9/21

-Tuesday (9/16): I did a 6 mile Tempo run on Renner trail. Started the run with a mile of warm up as usual and then did 4 miles @ 8:35 average pace and finished of with a mile of cool down. After the race on Sunday, this run did not feel nearly as difficult. I need to get some biking done tomorrow as it have been almost 2 weeks since I did a bike ride.


-Wednesday (9/17): After a 2 week hiatus, I was able to do a 12 mile easy bike ride on Chisholm trail. Sravanthi and few other Team Asha runners did a tempo run.

-Saturday (9/20): I had to skip my track workout this week as there were high school football games going on at the local high schools. We had our usual long run at Whiterock lake. This weekend happened to be Tour De Fleurs 10K/20K race and most of the DRC group is taking part in it. Most of our Team Asha has decided to have a long run of our own and we started off a little earlier than the TDF and were running in the opposite direction of the race to avoid being over run by some 3000 runners. It was an amazing day to run with temperatures in the mid 60s at 7am and also with some mist cover. About mile 6, I started seeing the fast runners in the race and boy they were flying. I wanted to run about 15 miles this week at an average of 9 min pace. When I reached the TDF starting point after doing the loop, I have finished about 11 miles. I decided to do the last 2 miles a little faster (closer to 8 min miles) to have a strong finish. I ended up doing ~14.7 miles in 2:10 for a little under 9 min pace. It felt great and not so tiring, maybe because of the weather. This week I did not do my track workouts and also biked only once. But, I am still happy with the fact that I did a 15 mile run after a long time and it felt great. My HR stats are here.

No comments: