Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Week 10: 9/8-9/14

-Tuesday (9/9): I could not run on Monday as I was too sore from my move over the weekend. I think I have climbed the stairs at least 5o times, which is a pretty good cross-training workout :) I heard about the Plano Prediction 5K run for today from a friend and I was raring to go as I wanted to do this for a long time. It is interesting to do a race where you try to match your prediction time without a watch. I was a few minutes late and my friend was waiting for me. We started off later than the main group. I have predicted a time of 25:00. I started running my usual tempo pace, which I realized later that I was running close to 7:30 pace. After a mile, my friend wanted to slow it a little as he predicted 26:26, and so I was running my myself. I realized that I was running too fast and I took the last mile a little easy. I ended up finishing in 24:01 which is about a minute slower than my prediction. They give ribbons for the top 20 closest times to their prediction times. I finished 29th in prediction differential with 59 secs. I am planning to join the Plano Pacers club and join their monthly prediction runs and also races.

-Thursday (9/11): Interval workout at JJ Pearce High School. I have a good track workout with a sequence of intervals 1200,1000,800,600,400,200 with 200m rest intervals. I did average ~7:00 pace for the intervals.

-Saturday (9/13): Many of Team Asha runners are planning to run the Vibha Dream Mile 5K/10K race on Sunday. I have registered for 10K and Sravanthi for 5K. I actually planed n doing some biking today as I will do the race tomorrow. But, thanks to Mr.Ike, I did not do biking as it was very windy and raining. I went out for a 6 mile run on Renner Trail, which is right next to my place. It is a nice trail and also has quarter mile marks for part of the trail. I had to take shelter under a tree for 5 mins in the middle when it rained heavily. It was great weather to run, overcast, windy but humid though. I finished my 6 miles @ ~9:00 pace.

-Sunday (9/14): Vibha's Dream Mile 10K. I got my PR in 10K by a few minutes as I finished in 47:16 (7:37 pace). Details are in another post.

No comments: