Monday, August 4, 2008

Week-5 (8/4-8/10)

-Monday (8/4): Dallas is in the midst of a heat wave and temperatures are in ~105F with head index ~110F. Most of the team did a indoor run on treadmills. I did a tempo run around La Villita Lake. 1 mile warm up followed by 2x1mile Tempo (7:24 & 8:00) and finishing it off with a 1 mile cool down.

-Wednesday (8/6): We had a good track work out at Ranchview High School. We changed the workout a little and did 4x600m repeats, with 200m of walk between laps. I ended up doing 5x600m and averaged 2:36 for each interval.

-Saturday (8/9): Its a 6 miler for this week but since we lost our way a little, we ended up doing 6.5 miles and had a strong finish in about 1hr. I took almost 3 miles to fully warm up. Another good week of running, but no cross-training:( I am waiting to get my tires fixed on my bike and plan to do at least 2 bike rides per week as cross-training. Also, we start going to ice skating classes from next week.

No comments: