Monday, August 11, 2008

Week-6 (8/11-8/17)

-Monday (8/11): I went to Texins Gym after more than a year as it was raining this evening. I did a 3 mile run with 1 mile @ 8:00 tempo pace. I was also able to do some strength exercises after a long time.

-Tuesday (8/12): We had our first Ice skating class at Dallas Galleria. We were first taught to fall and get up on ice and then to walk and glide on ice. It was a good first class and the instructor was impressed with all of us as we were able to walk quite well by the end of the class. Now, we just need to practice 3-4 times a week and get better.

-Wednesday (8/13): Track workout at Ranchview High School. Another good showing by Irving runners as 10 of us had a good track workout. We did intervals of 400m,600m,800m,600m,400m with 200m walk breaks in between laps.

-Saturday (8/16): 9 mile whiterock lake loop. Had a great run around the lake along with DRC. The weather was amazingly perfect, overcast in low 70s at the start with some wind. Sunil and myself ran all the 9 miles together and we did a consistent 9:30 pace (without including breaks) and had a strong finish. Sravanthi did 6+ miles for the first time and she was really tired. She walked the last few miles, but importantly was able to push herself beyond 6 miles. Also, there was a good showing of Asha runners for this run.

-Sunday (8/17): 10mile bike ride. I finally got my bike ready on saturday, with the help of Sravanthi. On sunday morning, while my parents went out for their morning walk, I went for a 10 miles bike ride after a long time. I have been waiting for this day for the last 2 months and here it came. Now I just need to keep this momentum and ride atleast 2 days a week. This week was good, 3 runs, 1 bike ride and 1 ice skating session.

No comments: