Monday, August 18, 2008

Week-7 (8/18-8/24)

-Monday (8/18): 4 miles Tempo. Had a good tempo run around LaVillita Lake. One mile of warmup followed by 2 miles of Tempo run in 16:00 and ending with a 1 mile cool down.

-Tuesday (8/19): We had our second ice skating class. Today it felt comfortable when I stepped on ice. We were taught to push on one leg and slide. Also, we were told how to do a skate towards back as well. I think we are getting the pushing part but not the back skating yet. Its time to practice it more.

-Wednesday (8/20): Track workout. Another great workout on the tracks at Ranchview High School. It was raining pretty hard in the evening and stopped just in time for our run. We did 4x800m intervals with 1 mile warm up and cool down.

-Thursaday (8/21): Bike ride. I had a nice bike ride on Campion Trail along with Cnu for about 13 miles. I was ale to average ~14 miles/hr. It is a great feeling after the bike ride, I feel my legs so really stretched and relaxed.

-Friday (8/22): 8 mile long run. As I was taking weekend off, I decided to run my long run on friday morning. I started off at 6:30 and had a great difficulty for the first 3 miles. My legs were not warming up and I was feeling terrible. I was walking every few minutes and took ~40mins for the first 3 miles. I started feeling a little better and ran the next few miles in 10-11 min pace, without much breaks. After 5 miles or so I felt great and was running close to 8min pace and finished strong.

No comments: