Friday, July 25, 2008

Team Asha Marathon 2008

It has been a while since I posted on my blog. We have started our official Team Asha Dallas Marathon program on 12th July. We are training with Dallas Running Club (DRC) this year and we plan to run the Dallas Whiterock Marathon on 14th Dec 2008. We have been running unofficially with a bunch of people for the last 2 months and the response has been great. We got ~10-15 new runners and we already have ~30 runners doing the Asha marathon program this year. It is very encouraging to see new and enthusiastic runners. I have a feeling that we will have a very successful program this year, the second year in Dallas. I shall keep posting my progress and also that of our team in the blog from time to time.
On a personal note, my wife Sravanthi has also registered with Team Asha to be part of relay marathon and help the cause. Also, I want to train well this year and break the 4-hr barrier and get a PR for myself, all the while raising much needed funds for children in India.
Go Team Asha!

No comments: