Friday, July 25, 2008

Ice Skating as cross training?

Last night we had an opportunity to test out Ice skating at
Dallas Galleria, thanks to my fellow Asha runner. We were almost 10 people from Team Asha. We were on the ice for about an hour and it was tiring. Initially, I was apprehensive especially after hearing to my wife, who started to freak out a little, but started to walk a little in about 10-15mins. I did manage to walk the first 4 laps next to the railing and only fell once! I got a little confident and started to walk/skate in the middle and managed almost 3 laps without falling or even holding to the rail. All in all I was very happy with my experience, considering this is the first time I stepped on ice. A few of us got excited and registered for classes for next month. I guess, ice skating will be an official cross training workout for Team Asha :)

No comments: