Tuesday, January 16, 2007

How I got into running...

It was Jan 2003 and I have realized that I was putting on good few lbs near the middle part of my body which is something I have always dreaded. So, one fine day I started to go to gym and started running on the treadmill. It was so boring to run and especially on a treadmill. I was able to run at the most for 20mins. Then, I have registered for a 10K in Mar’03. I have started the race doubting if I would be able to even finish it, but I have ended up running all 6.25 miles and ran much faster than I have run before and finished the run wanting more. That was when I have realized my love for running. I have been running on and off ever since. After a few races ranging between 10K-15K, me and a couple of my friends started to train for a half marathon. My first half was US Half and it was a amazing run over golden gate bridge. Then, my good friend, Pavan Singh (an accomplished marathoner himself) convinced me to register for a marathon, Big Sur International Marathon on the beautiful Hwy1 near Monterey bay.

No comments: